Search This Blog

Friday, July 8, 2011

Dark Side

I love my Kindle in fact I might love it too much because my husband thinks he has lost me to it! I say now he knows how I feel when he plays video games and is lost to me J

Now a year ago if you had told me that I would love a Kindle I would tell you that you were crazy! I was adamantly against them. I thought that it would ruin the reading experience, my eyes would hurt from the flashing and that nothing could replace the feel of a book in my hand.

I was wrong! I decided that maybe it would be a good idea to have one when traveling because I usually take anywhere from 3-6 books with me depending on how long the trip is. I hate to check luggage if not necessary and the books were taking up precious luggage space! So I rented on one from my work (which is awesome that I can do that!) and tried it out… amazing! It took no space at all and was really light!

After 5 months of borrowing my works Kindle I finally got my own. I do not think a day has gone by where I haven’t read on it. And I actually was just given a book and secretly wished they bought me a kindle copy instead… blasphemy I know! Now don’t get me wrong some books like Harry Potter I will always want in print. At my house we have a study/library room but the problem is my bookshelf is already full! What’s great about the kindle is I can now choose what to buy print or not to keep my shelf full. So Harry Potter, Hunger Games, Anne Rice all get bookshelf space but now the more fluff books I read can just take digital space!

I have come to terms with going to the “dark side” as many said and am really enjoying it J Now off to ready another book… 

No comments:

Post a Comment