Search This Blog

Friday, August 12, 2011

One for the Money


I finished reading One for the Money last night by Janet Evanovich. I have heard about these books a lot over the past few years but never really had a desire to read them. My coworker has been urging me too for awhile and so after reading A Dance with Dragons which was quite a hefty book I figured it was time for some fluff, plus it is already on my kindle so it took no extra effort on my part! 

It was absolutely fluff, but it was entertaining fluff which is exactly what fluff is meant for! So overall I enjoyed it. The main character, Stephanie Plum, is a bit kooky and crazy and I found that I actually identified with her a bit. She was laid off and had no money and rather than ask her parents for help of move back home to save money which she mentions would be smarter, she decides she can make it and keep her independence by selling almost everything she owns and getting into the dangerous business of Bounty Hunting! I could see myself doing the same thing. I know I have too much pride and am stubborn and therefore would do what she did and live with practically nothing then lose my house and independence! Now whether I would go as far as being a bounty hunter I am not sure, but knowing me I would take whatever job I could and if that was available I just might consider it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment