Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Serenity

Take my love, take my land
Take me where I cannot stand
I don't care, I'm still free
You can't take the sky from me
Take me out to the black
Tell them I ain't comin' back
Burn the land and boil the sea
You can't take the sky from me
There's no place I can be
Since I found Serenity
But you can't take the sky from me...

This song has been stuck in my head all day. Its actually not a song but a theme song to an amazing show, Firefly, that was cancelled way too early (I know get my Nathan Fillion fix by watching Castle which is good but not quite Firefly)! There something about this song that every time I hear it I feel happy. It is not a very happy sounding song but I just love everything about it from the music, to the way the guy sings, to the fact that no matter what the sky can't be taken away. Which I am not cool and do not have a spaceship so I can't actually visit the sky but I don't think it is literally talking about the sky but more that place you go that no one can take from you. But if I did have a spaceship I would totally go to space and claim a little spot :)

No comments:

Post a Comment