Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

21 Weeks!

21 Weeks - 1.28.14

Sleep: She seemed to follow her routine from the week before of waking between 5-6am. I do find it funny though that on the weekend she goes right back to waking up a bit earlier (between 4-5am) but then going right back to sleep until 8am! Makes me happy as I get a little bit more sleep on the weekend then :)

Clothing Size: No change here! Still 6-9 months :)

Favorite Toys/Activity: She is starting to actually play with the electronic toys she got for Christmas. I appears she is purposefully hitting buttons now rather than accidentally hitting a button!

Milestones: She had quite the active weekend! She decided that she was going to be a big girl and sit up all by herself! She did so good and holding herself up and not toppling over! She sat that way for quite a bit playing with her blocks until she finally started to topple and I caught her.

She also is now officially rolling over both ways! She had been doing back to tummy for a while now but hadn't quite gotten down tummy to back. Well, this weekend she was a rolling machine and had no issues going back and forth!

She also is becoming a master scoocher! She sees a toy out of reach and she finds a way to get it! I see crawling in the very near future as this weekend she got her legs under her and her hands up in a crawl ready stance but then wasn't sure what to do so went back to her tummy and rolled instead :)


Highlights from the Week: 
  • Sitting up by herself
  • Rolling tummy to back
  • Hike on Sunday to top a hill to see 360 view of Thousand Oaks/Westlake/Oak Park

Favorite Mommy Moment: 
Watching her sit up for the first time. I just got filled which such pride watching her grow and learn. She amazes me each day and I am continually surprised by all that she is able to do! I have never felt so proud of someone either and I found it funny how proud I was over sitting up! It seems like such an easy thing to do but suddenly with a baby you realize how big of an accomplishment that truly is. I just love to watch her play and interact with the world around her and feel like one very lucky momma to have such a wonderful baby!  

No comments:

Post a Comment