Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Tourist

So this past weekend has been a whirlwind tour of Southern California! I had a friend from Australia come visit who I haven't seen in 5 years and who has never been to the US! So I took my job as tour guide very seriously and packed in as much as I could for her to see! It was an awesome but very tiring weekend!

It was also so great to actually be a tourist in my own city. I did things I had never done before such as seeing the Hollywood Sign, Griffith Observatory, and Santa Monica Pier.It was nice to actually see these tourist areas and some like the Griffith Observatory were amazing and I have no idea why I had never been before!

It was also great to do stuff I had done before but was made more exciting by being with someone who had never been! Disneyland is a place I have been to at least a thousand times. I love Disneyland and growing up 5 minutes away I was there constantly but being there with someone for their first time was such a cool experience! I made her get a First Visit button and she was just so excited by every little thing we did. They have some theme parks in Australia but nothing that compares to how all out Disney does it with the themes, musics, rides, and food! Luckily it was not crowded at all when we went and were there for a full day until midnight and I think we got on almost every ride! It was such a great day and gave me even more appreciate for Disneyland!

I also found it entertaining what amused her. She was so entertained by our restaurants and all the choices we have on a menu! Also the fact that almost all our drinks are free refills and they are huge to begin with always got a wow from her when we were out. I think what cracked me up the most though was how excited she was when she saw squirrels! We have them all over the place here and they do not have them at all and every time she saw one it was a squeal and an Oh LOOK! I had never really paid attention to squirrels but her excitement made me realize they are pretty cute and appreciate what I have in my own backyard!

Overall a wonderful visit that went way too quickly! Hopefully it will not take 5 years until I see her again!

1 comment: