Search This Blog

Monday, October 14, 2013

Sleep

The one piece of advice I got when pregnant was to sleep when the baby sleeps. It sounds like great advice... If only I could follow it!

My little one seems to only want to sleep on me. Which I then can't really sleep. Or the rare cases she does go down in a swing or something I use the time to eat and take a sitz bath which I still need to recover!

Maybe this is all a case of first time mom syndrome. They have been playing those commercials lately of first time mom vs second time mom and I find them to be very true!

You don't realize how much you miss sleep until you get some either. My husband was being very nice and said he would do first night feeding on Friday since we had a bottle of pumped milk in fridge. So I got more than 4 hours of sleep and it was glorious but also such a tease! My body said thank you we missed this and then revolted when it didn't get it again!

Oh well for now I will just keep not sleeping and enjoy the precious moments when I can!

1 comment:

  1. Kim says the same thing is true with her. That when the baby sleeps she should sleep but it always seems like she uses that time to clean and do laundry and everything else she needs to do.

    ReplyDelete