Search This Blog

Thursday, October 10, 2013

Pregnancy

First, i will back track a bit to get caught up to now.

December 5, 2012 is when we did the transfer. I was very nervous as the last two months they had cancelled my transfer so I didn't believe it was actually happening! Luckily it did and they transferred two blasts! Then the waiting began... Which I suck at so I held out until 4dp5dt (4 days past 5 day transfer) and of course it was blank but I thought I maybe saw something. I had been taking it very easy since transfer to give embryos the best chance of implanting. At 6dp5dt it was December 11 and 11 is my lucky number so I said why not I will test and when it says not pregnant I will wait for beta but at least I get testing out of my system. Well I took the digital kind and expected to see not. I finally look down and to my surprise I see PREGNANT! Woo hoo!

We then got the beta results a few days later to find out we were indeed pregnant! Best news ever!

we didn't announce it until valentines day as I was still very cautious and didn't want to say anything until we were out of first trimester.

Which the first trimester sent well. I had some nausea but not terrible. I basically just did not want to eat and had to force myself! But all in all it was good.

 Second trimester also went well. We chose not to find out the sex and keep it a surprise. This got us two reactions - you are crazy and good for you. I found it funny how many people got upset by us not finding out! At our 20 week ultrasound we found out that the cord was marginally inserted. This means rather than being attached at center it was 1cm from edge. So we had to get more ultrasounds which I was fine with! Luckily, it never turned into anything and baby grew just fine!

Third trimester I was finally showing so people would stop asking if I was actually pregnant! I was very lucky and got a nice cute belly and minimal swelling and issues. I kept working up until due date which came and went and no baby! So I kept working until my doctor said no more, you are getting induced! So 11 days after due date, I went in to get induced!

1 comment: