Search This Blog

Thursday, September 6, 2018

5 Years!

Aurora,

I just came back from your Pre-K celebration of your 5th birthday. I watched you as everyone sang to you and I saw my baby has become a little girl. You make me so proud every day.

You love to plan (I don't know where you get that from ;) ) and so you helped plan your birthday party this past weekend, along with your 6th and 7th birthday party! Just to be prepared! Oh how you make me laugh!

We did have a wonderful time at your fairy and dragon party. A fairy named Rosemary came and played games with you and your friends, sang songs, read a book, and even painted faces! You looked like you were having an amazing time!

We then of course went to Disneyland for your actual birthday (and the next day too since it was on Labor Day). We got to do the night time parade which you said you loved! And then the next day, Grandma spoiled you and took you to the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique! You chose to be Ariel and got all dressed up! You looked beautiful (as you always do!). Gaston even came by and kept calling you fish and asked you to marry him! You said NO, you said you had a boyfriend already, Ryder! You also enjoyed the Monorail, Autopia, Small World, and of course meeting Cinderella, Ariel, Snow White, Tinkerbell, Minnie, and Mickey!

This past year I have really seen you grow! You can now write your name (and very legible too!) and your drawings have gotten very impressive as well, from circles being all a person was, so now a full fledged stick person (sometimes even with clothes!). You love to be creative and do all sorts of crafts. You are also quite inquisitive and love to ask questions and want to know why things happen the way they do.

You still love books and we read at least two a night! You are starting to learn some of your words and told me your goal for this year was to learn how to read! I know you will get there! I love our reading time together at night. You still love for me to sing to you at night as well and I hope you still want that for awhile. I love my snuggle time with you and am glad that you still want to be close to momma!

This year, we also got to go on a big adventure and did a girls trip! You and I flew by ourselves to Florida and then met up with Grandma! We did a day at Universal Studios, where you were not the biggest fan, but did like the Dr. Seuss area and the Curious George area! The next day we went to DisneyWorld and we stayed at Port Orleans - Riverside in the Princess Room. It was magical! You LOVED being in that room! We then went and had breakfast with Rapunzel and Flynn Ryder (who you LOVED), plus Eric and Ariel. After that was Epcot for some fun, your favorite being the Frozen Ride, The next day was the Magic Kingdon where we got to have breakfast in Cinderella's Castle and you met lots of princesses! And then went on your favorite ride, the Seven Dwarfs Mine Ride!

So many more things have happened this year, and I have just been in awe watching you take it all on and can't wait to see what this year will bring!!

I love you to the moon, the stars, and the planets, and pluto! Always and forever!

Mommy


No comments:

Post a Comment